EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
INTERNSHIP: EU- RUSSIA CIVIL SOCIETY FORUM
EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) (www.eu-russia-csf.org) is looking for an intern who will be based at the CSF Secretariat. The appointment will be from 03 September 2018 till 30 November 2018.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and uniting 152 nongovernmental organisations in the EU and Russia, is a platform for cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and the EU with the purpose to develop common positions, increase cooperation between civil society organisations, coordinate their advocacy activities, and make their voice stronger in interaction with the general public, governments, and other stakeholders. In particular, CSF promotes people-to-people exchanges and solidarity among civil society groups, influences EU-Russia relations, joint projects and solidarity actions among civil society groups. It aims to influence EU-Russia relations for the public benefit in a wide range of public and intergovernmental interactions. The CSF is currently financed by the EU and other governmental and private donors.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week). Ideal candidates would have experiences in the
preparation and realisation of bigger public and non-public events. The interns will be mostly responsible for organisational questions of the international symposium that is planned for 1-3 November 2018 in Berlin, as part of the EU-Russia Legal Dialogue programme.
The aim of this programme is to create formats for direct exchange of successful practices and ideas on the use of existing legal mechanisms and for the development of new legal approaches for citizens and civil societies in Russia and the EU. Another aim is to intensify the exchange with legal and scientific communities and also with the general public. The annual international symposium consists both of public debates and closed working formats.
You will find information about the symposia 2016 and 2017 on our website:
- Active participation in preparation and realisation of the annual international Symposium of the EU-Russia Legal Dialogue programme that will take place on 1-3 November 2018 in Berlin, in particular:
o Intensive communication with the invited experts;
o Preparation of visa invitations and monitoring of visa issuing procedure for the invited participants;
o Search and booking of appropriate flights and train tickets;
o Intensive communication with representatives of the venue where the Symposium will take place (reservation of hotel rooms, preparation and technical equipment of main working rooms, organisation of catering, etc.);
o Preparation of all needed working material for the Symposium (programme, participants lists, evaluation forms, working material, etc.);
o Sending of invitations to the public event to expert community and media;
o Active help during the Symposium, e.g. receiving participants, preparation of minutes, press-releases, etc.;
o Assistance in post-processing (documentation of all transport and local spendings, archiving of all photo and video material, etc.);
- Translation of documents and publications for the Legal Dialogue online journal from Russian into English and from English into Russian;
- Thematic research for different projects of the EU-Russia Legal Dialogue programme on a regular basis;
- Working in cooperation with the Secretariat’s and office staff, in particular, with the
coordinator and assistant coordinator of the EU-Russia Legal Dialogue programme;
- Enrolment at an EU university for the entire duration of the internship (master student; person, who has finished his/her bachelor studies and going to start master studies; person writing a diploma, etc.);
- Legal education desirable;
- Experience in the preparation and realisation of bigger public and non-public events desirable;
- Creativity and excellent communication skills;
- Excellent English and Russian, knowledge of German desirable;
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, responsibility and engagement;
- Initiative and the ability to work both in a team and on your own;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- TYPO3 experience is an asset.
- Position lasting for three months (40 hours per week), starting on 15th September;
- Interesting job in a growing and innovative international project, which involves
- Interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU and Russia;
- Friendly working atmosphere and competent multicultural staff;
- Possibility to learn about civil societies in Russia and the EU from the perspectives of
NGOs, legal experts, and politicians;
- Monthly compensation of EUR 350 (all the costs – accommodation, board, possible relocation costs, etc. – are borne by the intern or their organisation of origin).
How to apply:
Please send your application until 20 August 2018, 12 pm CET (letter of motivation and CV) to Polina Baigarova, Coordinator of the EU-Russia Legal Dialogue programme, at
Interviews will take place between in week 34 via Skype. The introduction of work will take place in the second week of September 2018.